Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Works in Progress


"Rainbow Deli: String Cheese Theory"

This was inspired by a company that makes miniature food called Rainbow Deli. You can see a pic of the tiny stuff in an earlier blog of mine.

Here are some more glances at Craft Land. The most exciting thing for me is my new focus on more landscape-like imagery.


This one doesn`t have a title yet. It might be called "King Frog #2"... We`ll see.



This is MAJORLY a work in progress, but so far I`m finding it really exciting because I hardly use the color blue, especially in a really dark landscape. I started this one night when it was snowing heavily over Fukami Pond- across the street from my apartment.



Another snowy landscape. It looks like glowing birds hanging out in marshmallows.



Here`s a terrible image of my new baby, a sculpture I will apply to a show in Tampa, FL with. The eyes of the doll and the flowers around it, light up. Here`s a rear image:


Today I redescovered an artist I am really excited about: Phoebe Washburn. I love finding new inspiration.

Time for Elementary school!!

1 comment:

Megan Voeller said...

Wow - you're keeping busy! Love the new paintings and the sculpture. (Which show are you applying to?)