Friday, July 10, 2009

Hello from Maine

Yet another detail of sculpture...  I know it's getting old but I don't like posting without something to look at.  I'm on the road, currently in Portland, Maine, recently in the Midwest, soon to be in Vermont and then... Brooklyn, NYC!  Mikel got a rockin'  job (soon to be revealed to you all, but not yet!) so he will move down there next week.  I will be in Vermont until the end of August, setting up my show at Firehouse Gallery, doing Bikram and getting down and dirty here in Blog Land, in Etsy Land and Craft Land.  I also hope to be seeing lots of movies, (including the much anticipated magical one coming out this month) picking blackberries, sewing and reading.

By the way, in case you have noticed, my homepage (www.oknosleeping.com) is down due to various reorganizations of minds, funds, planets and dining room tables.  It is truly a time of post-molting, pre-phoenix-like-resurrection.  I'm not the phoenix, my life is.  I think the phoenix is keeping me as a pet... or maybe I'm keeping him as my keeper?  Anyway, stay tuned for some seriously good fun starting next week.

Oh, a book recommendation to anyone interested in yoga and psychology:
Yoga and the Quest for the True Self by Stephen Cope.  Don't be deterred by the New Age-y title.  It's "legit" as the kids say.  I don't know exactly who the kids are, but whoever they are, they say it.

Mini studio tip:
Take a walk.  Pick up various discarded, misunderstood treasures (you'll know when you see them-- plastic bits, metal pieces, sticks...) and bring them home for a little hot glue lovin'.  Glitter, paint, other treasures are totally invited.  This craft extravaganza could come in the form of making a trophy for trash-collecting, a shrine for all the lost souls of treasure, or a gift for your aunt.  If you have never used hot glue, beware of how addicting it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see your exhibit at the Firehouse! what date is the opening?

Michelle Summers said...

Amazing image, wish I could see the whole thing in person. Good Luck!

megan bisbee said...

The show opens August 14th!! Yay! I'm excited to see how it looks in the gallery because there is a bit of a change of plans-- a wall being built around it with window-like openings... should be interesting at least!
I'll post more details about the opening soon! xoxox