Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fine Feathered Friends

Thank you, Michelle!!!  
I'm home again, home again, jiggidy jig!  Guess what I found sitting in my studio when I got back to Brooklyn?  A package from Michelle Summers!  Check out the cup she made!!  It's so fantastic and inspiring!  There were also beautiful beads, tiny goodies and an amazing huge plastic flower!  Check out her shop and her blog.  She's been blowing up the craft show spot.  What a rock star!
 What it that on the wall?  So much space!  So little color!  Who made that?
Me!
Really?
Yes?
Yes!
I would like you to meet my ghosts.  
Ghosts, Readers.  Readers, Ghosts.
Sorry this introduction has to happen in such informal darkness.  I would have had you meet in a much more personal and glamorous setting but alas, a few of my ducks are yet to get in a row since I returned home. One of those ducks is riding on a new hard drive soon to join our personal computing paddling, inviting another duck to join in the form of functional Photoshop.  "Which is the ugly duckling?"  you ask.  I would ask you, "in heart or face?  I will never give the ending away!"  (What am I talking about?)

Ducks and rows aside, hello again! I just spent one month at Vermont Studio Center and I'm still riding the wave of productivity and inspiration that started there.  I had quite a few breakthroughs in my work and thought a lot about what the heck makes life worth living (which, by the way, includes dance parties and pancakes, but mostly meaning making). I also met amazing people and made a bazillion paintings on paper.  (If you look "bazillion" up in the dictionary it will tell you "a number somewhere around 60.")  I have so much to share.  Just give me a second to psyche up my fine feathered paddlers and I'll tell you all about it!


Here's looking at you 2059!

4 comments:

Michelle Summers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Summers said...

Haha, Megan I saw you on facebook for a New York minute and thought “awe I bet she's bloging.” And was I right. I'm so glad you enjoyed the package, its been a long work in progress....hehe, but eventually it gets to whom it was intended and is worth the wait. Glad you had a marvelous time in Vermont, can’t wait to do a similar experience myself one day.

Hugs,

Michelle

Oh yeah if Mikel forgot to tell you I will be seeing/visiting you guys in March. See you soon!

ashdebeaula said...

Is that an imagination hat on your head? I hope so. It reminds of the project I did with my students. Anyway if you have another picture, I would like it for my file of pictures I keep for lessons. I would love to show it to students. They would love it.

megan bisbee said...

Michelle! I can't wait for you to visit!! Yay!

Thanks, Ash, for the mask comment! I will look for a better image, but I also just wrote a quick post about my mask. If you are on facebook I seem to have many photos on there to that other people took... mostly unflattering ones :-) It is sort of an imagination hat!

happy halloween!!!