Thursday, March 4, 2010

Questions for Artists

Thursday afternoon studio photos.
(Paintings in progress.)

Comments on my last post have spawned a whole new batch of questions:

I am curious about why it seems that many artists do not notice the connection between their inner world/experience and their creative process?  Is it because the process of finding that inner self and learning to listen to it is a process that inevitably unfolds over time and I mainly am in contact with young artists like myself?  Or is it because there are not many resources in mainstream society for learning to cultivate this connection?  I wonder if other art school educated artists feel like their undergrad education offered such guidance or if it did not?  If not, do you wish it had?  I would love to hear your thoughts!

On a quick side note, I just published my yoga website!  
Pass it on!



No comments: