Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let's Handcraft Fert!

It might seem like the title of this blog entry is spelled incorrectly, especially for those of you who know that my talents do not include spelling, but I meant to spell it that way for this reason:

I had a choice between buying a felting needle that said "Let's Handcraft Felt!" and the "Engrish" version. Japan is full of amazing Engrish and whenever I get a chance to collect some amazing Engrish, I do! Check out Engrish.com for many great examples. If you like to make found poetry or collect ridiculous t-shirts (like the one I gave my sister Jaime for Christmas-- sorry Jaime! It was too good to pass up...) Japan is the place to be.
Japan is also the place to be if you want to buy what I like to call a "yellephant."

For 100 yen this beauty can be yours, too! Along with countless cheap-but-too-cute-and-weird-to-resist things... Okay, maybe I am the only person on earth who would cherish a putrescent-yellow, plastic watering can that's shaped like an elephant and doesn't even work properly.


So let's just folget about it and just handcraft fert and water our prants!

No comments: