Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Up and Down



Up and Down.  
Down the slide.

Hello from the bottom of a butt-burning slide in Anan-cho!  This is an AMAZINGLY fun slide made of hundreds of cylinders that roll as you slide over them.  It made our behinds feel a little like they were on fire but the fun was totally worth it.
Up and Down: These fish are now floating over the pond by our apartment for Kids Day.  At night, with the full-moon light, these fish and their reflection look like a giant zipper connecting the sky and water.  
Up: paintings (in progress) by Mikel behind an explosive, planet-like sculpture I made a few months ago (that should probably come down soon).
Up: The full moon over the mountains in Japan.

Down:  I spent so much time looking down at my new felted bits and recycled paper I made into funky plates that my neck hurt.  The only way to fix that is yoga.  It's easy to remember to do yoga when my body gives me not-so-subtle reminders.  
Down:  So much stuff on the floor in our studio.  The desk in front is Mikel's.  Do you like our little fridge?  The white thing on top is a rice maker.  Genius invention!  

Lately I am really feeling fiery and inspired in the studio but quite irritated that I can't finish a freakin' painting!  Finishing anything is the hardest part for me.  Starting things is the easiest.  I never fear the "blank canvas."  I always fear the piece totally full to the brim with too many things to say.  How do I choose?

Goals of the week:  Don't get down!  Ride the fiery wave and use the momentum to finish two paintings and start working on my website!  Make choices!

No comments: