Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthdays, Babes and Burn-outs


Happy Birthday to Mikel! He's 31!
We had an excellent day full of delicious food and a great hiking trip.
But that's not all we did last weekend...
Hello from Roller Disco Girl and 70's Rocker Burn-out!!

We won "most effort" at our friend Charlie's 1970's theme birthday party last weekend.  I wore roller skates from 4:00 pm until 3:30 am.  This is an exercise program I recommend to those of you who are coordinated drinkers.  It goes like this.  Put your roller skates on at home while you are making your t-shirt.  Wear them in the car as your husband drives you to the party.  Then roller skate about two miles to a bar which happens to be downstairs.  Make sure you have some help climbing down the stairs.  Then, mingle, still in roller skates, while carrying gin and tonics.  At about 11 pm, go back upstairs and around the block to a karaoke bar where you have to climb a spiral staircase a few times and sing until your voice is hoarse.  Then, once again, roller skate back to the car.  Then you can take them off, but you won't be able to drive yet, even if you feel sober because it is a no tolerance country as far as drinking and driving so a nap in the car until 4:30 am is necessary, immediately followed by an emergency bathroom run to a convenience store where you also buy fried sweet potato chips and sushi filled with fermented soy beans (natto) (skates not needed for driving).  Then drive your sleepy husband home.  It's a great workout.  I highly recommend it.

Oh, and fake mushroom tats are essential for this workout... and lipstick... 

I'm back at the school I like to think of as my "research station" so that means more blogs and more exciting Internet searching for ideas about living a green life and blart-making.  I need this thinking time to keep from getting more burnt out.  I hope I make it to New Year vacation without exploding from how much this job kills my spirit.  I CAN DO IT!!

 

2 comments:

Michelle Summers said...

You guys look awesome, oh and since you are a eco friendly girl here are a few sites to peruse....
www.eco-chick.com
www.yougrowgirl.com
enjoy!

ashdebeaula said...

Hey Megs,
I have been reading your blog and I enjoy it. I got your letter. Tell Mikel I loved the pirate style letter he wrote. I promise I will work to send you images and catch you up on our life. Right now J and I are way busy. Student teaching is awesome.It is all about them! and suprise, suprise J is working at a totally sweet practice on Elmwood that he is thinking of participating as partner or buying! So you can see how crazy life is. Promise to catch up soon. Love reading yor words and seeing you pics. Talk to you soon.

Ashley