Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sketching

A sculpture sketch.  
When I sketch, 2D or 3D, I don't do it to totally plan out a project.  That would defeat the purpose of then making it (and make it really boring)!  I sketch in order to collect moments that I find interesting, and to play with materials without the need for a finished project.  Usually, if the sketches are "unfinished" they have enough of a freshness and an essence of the moment that it not only reminds me what I was seeing or thinking about, but it inspires me to make more work and to think more about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is wicked cool, Meg. I want to live in one of your sculptures.

megan bisbee said...

I do too!! I think that's why they fit into landscape/architecture projects so well for me in my mind. I can't wait to build our house in VT!