Sunday, August 2, 2009

Flow


"Debonair Sleep"

I have a brief bit of time in which images are available to me this week for blogging. yay! I know my blogs are slower and fewer, but never fret. In about a month I will be living in Brooklyn with my hubby in a fully un-scattered apartment of possibilities.

BTW: A friend recently was wondering what happened to our plans of living a rural life and building a strawbale home, etc. We are totally still down for those plans and actually still planning on doing them. We just happen to be following the flow of our lives right now and that flow has given us an opportunity we can't pass up to live in NYC. Everytime we follow this kind of natural flow, interesting doors open up for us. We're excited to see what those doors are this time.

Studio Tip:
The painting above is related to my studio tip for today. It is a painting I started in undergrad as a sketch or study. Five years later I took that study back out and finished it as a painting. It doesn't really have the same voice that it had when I started it as I have changed a lot in five years, but the combination of my two voices, five years apart, make for a fresh feeling.
Take out an old piece of work. Even if you feel like you are far from that time in your life, use your "voice" now to have a conversation with your older "voice". See what happens.

2 comments:

elisa said...

Where in Brooklyn are you moving? I used to live in the Park Slope/Windsor Terrace area right across from the park! Good luck with your move.

Thanks for the studio tip. I've got to try that - trying something new is so important!

megan bisbee said...

I'm not exactly sure where we will be moving. Mikel's job is in Williamsburg but we are officially on the apartment hunt. Fun fun!

Let me know how the studio tip plays out in your practice. It is one I use often and it seems to keep/get me flowing creatively.