Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Banana Bench

So what luck I have!  Remember when I was writing (probably boring you to death) about how I REALLY wanted to find some sort of container that I could start a compost in?  Well, I found TWO this morning!  I was on my way to Tiny Cup for some caffeine enhanced computing and ta-dah!!  Right in someone's trash heap I found a beautifully haggard red and green Sterilite container and a smaller blue Rubbermaid, both with lids!!  Let the rotting begin!

**Apartment collage**
I don't know if this gives you a very good idea of how much I LOVE our apartment, but on my way out of the house for the second time today (after bringing my new found treasures home) I snapped these shots.  The upper left is my studio from the door.  Those are the curtains I made last week out of Kaffe Fassett fabrics my Gram gave me a couple years ago (thanks Gram!!)  The upper right is a view of the "front" where we enter the apartment into the kitchen/breakfast nook.  The bathroom is to the right of the bike.  Mikey rigged up a shelf for us to hang our bikes on.  That's my sweet ride you're looking at.  The lower left is a shot from the kitchen looking at our futon bed/couch.  We're still waiting to get some art on the walls... when we make it :-)  The lower right is obviously the garage ;-)

Why is this not my bench?  

I found this on my ridiculously long walk yesterday.  I was in search of a plate-saturated thrift store or two.  Instead I found a banana bench, signs and a found sculpture:
(I like the structures in this shot, along with the vast space-- well, vast for a city.)

(found sculpture-- I like this about as much as I like saying, "banana bench".)

4 comments:

Michelle Summers said...

I'm sitting here eating din din and drooling over your cute as pie apartment. I told Kyle I want to move to Brooklyn now.

megan bisbee said...

I think we are way too lucky, though :-) I've heard only of terrible apartments or way posh apartments that cost a fortune... not that ours doesn't cost a small fortune, just that we can afford it. But I would love it if you moved to Brooklyn!

yasuko the bad speller said...

woooo! cute apartment! i want to visit you guys place next time! ( when we don't have any japanese boys to ask you for staying, haha)

megan bisbee said...

I wish you guys (Yasuko and Tony) could have made it over here this weekend. It's weird it never worked out. Oh well. We had some fun anyway despite diseases and such :-) Have a safe trip home!