Monday, January 11, 2010

Vital Energy

Prana Ghost (2009) 36"x36" acrylic and gouache on panel.

A new painting that I finished yesterday.  What a yellow presence it has!

**Prana**
In yoga and Vedantic philosophy, Prana is the notion of life-sustaining energy.  
Much of what I'm learning in my yoga teacher training is how to pay attention to my own Prana (energy).  How to create more energy and how to use it efficiently and not waste it.  

***Free Yoga Classes!***
If you are in New York City and you would like a free yoga class or two to learn more about your energy or just to stretch the winter stiffness out of your bod, let me know and we can make a date before January 24th! 

Jai Bhaguan!
(Kripalu's version of "Namaste!":  The light within me honors the light within you.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lady-

i've got another artist you should check out. his name is Jacob Magraw-Mickelson and his paintings are particlarly interesting. If you can get your hands on the book "The Convalescent" by Jessica Anthony, the cover image is his work, and I think it's his best out of what I've seen so far.

elisa said...

I love the energy in this painting. So lively! Hope you are having a wonderful new year.

megan bisbee said...

Thanks for your comments, Steph and Elisa!! Awesome!!
Thanks for the artist references, Steph. I always love them.

megan bisbee said...

Is "The Convalescent" a good book?