Friday, January 22, 2010

Beauties

This is by David E. Kearns, a Vermont artist who's work I love.  His website does not do it justice because the images are too small to appreciate the interesting ways he uses paint.  His work is deceptive.  He has an innocent, primal way of approaching form that makes his work seem simple yes gorgeous in the same way that children's drawings are romanticized.  Out of my love of it, I tried copying certain elements and was blown away by how particular he paints and how much more complex it is than it seems.
Another of David's.  His use of blue in this slays me.
This is a georgeous book that Steph of Rivulette told me to check out because of the cover.  
It's amazing!  thanks!  I Just realized that she is making these awesome garland strings that I love:

Check them out in her shop!
I will not be blogging again for another two week chunk as I am off once again to Kripalu to complete my yoga teacher training.  Hope you are all well!  Until February! 

2 comments:

Michelle Summers said...

Megan,
love the painter above, the colors and content make me think about putting a pumpkin on my head and becoming a lumberjack. Yeah I know random.

megan bisbee said...

haha, that's so great. I couldn't agree more. His work also makes me think about blue cotton candy ;-)