Sunday, November 11, 2007

Collecting Brilliance

There was not much crafting in Craft Land today because I didn`t spend much time at home. Instead, I watched dance performances by local school children in the nearby city of Iida. There were lots of tiny skirts, glitter, bright- almost neon- colored lights and fabric, intense music and traditional Soran dance performances. AMAZING!

The intake of fantasic experience did not stop there! Lunch at Kappa Sushi- including my favorite, green tea ice cream- and shopping for clothing are always inspiring in Japan. I am very fond of strangely used English so I bought a purple shirt that has a rainbow sewn onto it, an embroidered tree, and screen printing that says "All around us with love; Find the RAGOUT; Flows holy from the USA forest SKY; Spirit of 1968; Please face oneself and naturally; Just Fine; Happiness comes from everywhere you know."

Again, I am sorry for no pictures. You are really missing out. The shirt is intense and I`m totally going to copy its brilliance. In Craft Land I am always trying to copy brilliance that might stumble into my path. I collect other people`s brilliance to copy. If you have any, please send it my way... unless you don`t want me to copy it.

rock and roll!

ps. We also saw three REAL rainbows today.

No comments: