Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Puppets and Painting

I spent all day at school working in the special ed class. The main teacher was at a conference so we made Shrinky Dink string puppets from images in story books. I love teaching art! Again, sorry for no photos here. We are still having computer issues.

After school I was jazzed to get to work. After a fantastic dinner made by Mikel-- inari, miso soup, fried tofu and wine-- I got down to some painting. Suddenly, I realized that the pieces I have been working on lately have reached the usual rough spot that my paintings hit after working on them for a while. My professor, Kevin Wixted, once told me that this is where painting really begins. Damn, painting is difficult!

As soon as I get the means, I will post a new piece or two. The colors are intense and they are smaller than I usually paint. I found superb little wooden panels at a store in Nagoya for an amazing price. I swear Japan makes everything that is cute and small.

Ok, time to check out some other crafting bloggers and keep the craft flow a-rockin`

gnite!

No comments: