Sunday, November 4, 2007

Land of fried octopus balls

Has is really been since June that I have blogged? Crazy. Someday I will be a good blogger...not yet though.

I have been living in Anan-cho, Japan for five weeks now. I am an assistant English teacher in elementary and junior high schools. I love teaching. It gives me a fire for teaching workshops someday in the future. For now I am learning how to be a good teacher and how to speak Japanese. I have also been painting and crafting in our beautiful little apartment. We only recently got e-mail in our place, and it is only yet on an old PC, so pics will have to wait.

Japan is so inspiring! Mikel noticed that my new paintings are more brightly colored than usual. Maybe this is evidence of my inspiration. The landscape is dramatic and misty. The huge mountains seem to float in the mornings, and roads, winding around and around toward their destinations, are like horizons of stacked landscapes. It seems so far to me that the Japanese somehow work with nature to allow each element come into its own potential. It`s both messy and organized; Complicated, yet emitting the visual equivalent of a deep sigh that can only come from one who accepts who they are suposed to be. I could really learn from the latter.

Sorry (to the one person who accidentally came upon my blog and was bored enough to read it) for no images today. Soon!

craft out, Artie-farties!

No comments: