Saturday, December 8, 2007

Art Basel Miami

Last year at this time I was surpassing my ability to take in art by walking around Art Basel in Miami. This year I actually have work there at the Red Dot Fair --part of the Art Basel weekend-- but I am in Japan. Funny how life works. I would love to go to Art Basel Miami this weekend. I`m dying to see some hot contemporary art. I have been checking out sweet Art Basel artists on the internet. I came accross Sandy Lytchfield, Jen Garrido, Frank Owens and Reed Danziger. They don`t all hit the spot exactly but have something exciting for me. I always love Julie Peppito and Sarah Sze.
Oh Sunday! How can a weekend end so fast? So little time to settle into the studio. Less writing, more painting/cutting/gluing!

1 comment:

J. Jakielski said...

Hello,

I came across your blog while searching for art basil shows. How surprised was I to read that you live in Anan-cho and went to Alfred-i graduated from Alfred in 2000 and spent the summer of 98' in Anan at kajikano-yu teaching ceramics! Thanks for the blast from the past-I still miss being there, it's such a beautiful place.
- Janice
jakielski@hotmail.com