Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nichu Day

Nichu is the name of the second middle school that I work at-- ni being two and chu being middle. The other is Iichu. Ichi is the number one, and it certainly is number one in my book compaired to here. Since today is my first day back at Nichu, I have left over energy from last week, and my fun weekend, to be determined not to let the collective anxiety and unhappiness of Nichu teachers get me down. No way. Thank goodness I teach elementary school today and I have brough W00t along.
He looks a little nervous, but he won`t let me down.

Another good thing about today is that there is a little snow up here in Nino where this school is. It is so much higher than the part of my town that I live in, that it is quite a bit colder too. Yay, snow!

I also got to enjoy some grape flavored gum offered to me by the bus driver on the way to school. It`s official. We`re buddies.

I had a fantastic day in the studio yesterday which topped a fun weekend. Here are some uncorrected images of what I am working on.

This painting is only about 12"x 8" or so...Sorry the lighting isn`t very good, but I think the texture shows well.


Here is my most favorite wall sculpture I have been working on. It is a combo of my painting and jewelry with some fake fur thrown in for good times. It is about 15 inches at the longest stretch.


Here is another dark image of a painting...

Anyway, when the powers of good computers and internet combine, LOOK OUT! I will have totally swanky images to post.

I also did some more Christmas shopping this weekend in Iida. I found only a few gifts but I did buy a sweet pair of snowboard boots from the thrift store for my future snow adventures. They were super cheap! Only $13!! Craziness. I may be a bad snowboarder, but I don`t have to drop too much dough for it!

Ok, time to play with W00t and 15 third graders!!

No comments: