Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mad Libs, Voodoo Studio Seances, and Tokyo Hair Gone Wild

Here are two artists (one who's long dead and one who still makes work) whose powers I am going to channel while doing my voodoo studio seances.  I don't know their names.  
Mikel, any help?

It's rare that a painting will kill me in a spiritual-ride-on-a-motorcycle-with-a-gin-and-tonic-in-my-hand sort of way.  It has been happening more than I am used to here in the 'ol land of sushi.  Life is good.

I think someone played Mad Libs with this sign.  One might ask, what was the point in writing it in English at all?

This is a seriously beautiful photo.  Props, Mikey.  This is one of the millions of arcade games that no one ever wins but cost about $4 to play. 

Tokyo hair gone wild!
Helooooooo handsome. 
 
I thought I was out of interesting photos to entertain you (and myself) with but lo and behold, Mikel has a sweet stash of them from his solo trips to Tokyo and Matsumoto during Natsu Yasumi (summer vaca!)  More on the way for our entertainment, even if it is mostly mine.

Where are images of my studio babies? 
Good question... ask me again later.

This is an offering to ancestors at a shrine in Kyoto.  I forgot to add it to my blog about our trip there but I wanted to add this profound musing to the day:

What makes someone choose vending machine bottles of green tea or Snoopy cups for their oblation? (good word, huh? I just found it on dictionary.com)  Beer cans I can understand. They really like their beer here.  

  


No comments: