Monday, September 8, 2008

Studio Babies

In The Valley
 
I finished three sculptures and a painting this weekend and I am totally thrilled about them! 
Thank goodness because starting tomorrow it's off to the "bad" school for me.  That means more time spent running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and less time contemplating the World Wide Web and all of it's connections to things such as residencies, yoga retreats, and vegan blogs.   Actually, tomorrow will be more interesting than "bad" because it will be an irregular day.  Mikel will be "performing" a model lesson with one of our English teacher supervisors.  100+ people will show up to watch the highly scripted, terribly stuffy class and then critique our school's English program based on that...  not exactly a reasonable way to do it, but why change tradition now?  (I would say change it for the students, but tradition almost always wins.)

Soda Machine In The Woods

This mini sculpture is so named because of walks I took with my buddy Tony before he left for the beauty of Vermont (lucky!).  We walked in the woods to a few abandoned houses and would find old rusty soda cans on the ground a joke that they were vending machines... ok, you had to be there... 

Yay for new art babies!

No comments: