Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Context and Contest

(A new pair of earrings to be added to ETSY soon!)

Yay!  
Today I found out that I was one of 50 finalists for the Bridge Art Fair Miami Competition at www.myartspace.com.  The photo above is probably confusing, but just to clarify, the Bridge Art Fair Competition had nothing to do with my jewelry.  if you want to see my online gallery to see what I applied with you can go here.  It means that I am not in the show (which would have been SWEET!!) but that I at least get some visibility on the list of finalists.  I recommend any artist to join My Art Space because if nothing else, it is like a Facebook or Myspace for artists.  They post competitions and scholarships and it gives you a chance to communicate with really interesting artists.   

This is another new pair of earrings.  
I LOVE these.  
They are 7 inches long and seriously elegant.  
(I should take a photo of me wearing them so they are a little more in context!  I'm still learning how to take interesting, lovely and informative photos of my jewelry... hrmm.)  

Tomorrow and Friday Mikel and I will attend a work conference so I will not be able to post anything for a while (because starting Monday I will be at the "other" school).  Bummer!  
By the next time I sign in I will have new treasures to share with you.
Happy To-furkey Day!

1 comment:

Michelle Summers said...

Gorgeous earrings, seriously amazing.