Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mold and Sparkle

"Meghan and Noah"
I miss these buddies.  
This was from a photo taken in Florida when we all lived as happily as we could in Tampa.  None of us live there any longer...

"Family"
OK, all of these images are a little blurry but I really wanted to post them today so I just quickly snapped pics of them last night before bed.  If I post them now, they will feel finished and I will stop messing with them.  I have a MAJOR problem with overworking my paintings.  
I will do better documentation later on for website posting.

"Sisters in Cali"
This was painted from a picture of my sisters and I in California on the beach, but of course you knew that from looking at the painting.  Ha!  Just kidding.  Abstraction can be such magic.

"Toxic Self Portrait"
Oh, so blurry.  Sorry!  At least you can see my duck-like rotten-yet-cute face.

I am really liking the sparkling and molding quality of this way of painting.  I have some more landscapes and other pieces too so I will post more soon.   I'm on a roll!  I worked hours this weekend sanding 13 mini panels by hand  (NEVER AGAIN!  My back is killing me!!)  At least they turned out smooth and ready to be new paintings.  All of my more recent paintings have been on paper and I miss the feeling and different process of panels so mini panels seem to be the answer right now.  I am loving painting people but running out of compelling photos so I need to take more (and maybe I will get some excellent Christmas card photos or find some Facebook treasures?)  

I finally feel like I am able to regurgitate my experiences here like I haven't been able to yet.  It's like they have been hibernating inside me, influencing my work but never totally waking up.  And now, "Good morning Japan-ness!"  Just in time for me to be LONGING to be back in the USA. 
(I wonder what Japan-ness eats for breakfast?)

1 comment:

Michelle Summers said...

Wow, its such a change from your other paintings, I wish I could see them in person to know the texture and details. I love how you can reinvent your style. I will check you're website for more images of your work, good luck.