Friday, December 12, 2008

Fire

I was just notified that I am one of many featured artists this month on My Art Space.  They also posted info about me in their blog post today because I am a finalist for the Bridge Art Fair Miami Competition.  I'm very excited!  It's so true that putting things, even little bits, out into the universe makes a difference and allows me to feel like I really exist as an artist outside of my studio.  My studio is my most important practice-- I love it and need it-- but exterior reinforcement does add a little fire to the mix and makes me feel like I might actually be putting interesting work into the world.  

I have two full days ahead of me for making and playing in my studio.  Part of that will be taken up by making Christmas "things" (kept secret for that reason) but also painting and other random craftings.  I find that if I have something I must get done, and I have one or two other things I enjoy doing going at the same time, they fuel each others' fires.  For example, if I am making Christmas "things" I  might throw in some new slippers I'm making of recycled fleece along with some long legged birds made of kimono fabric and mini landscape-like paintings.  
It sort of becomes a manic cycle of creative energy.   

I wonder if other artists have this experience...
   

3 comments:

Clare & Tim said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome about being feautred. :)

megan bisbee said...

Thanks! I'm psyched. I don't know what will come out of it, maybe nothing, but it's good to get out a little!

Michelle Summers said...

Megan, Congrats! I am so thrilled, this will bring a lot of attention to you. Oh yeah could you be a dear and send me your address in Japan. Miss you guys!