Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Squirrels and Zombies

Dude! I love this squirrel!
This was made by a cool artist named Josette Urso. Here is her website . Her website has mainly paintings and drawings (which are beautiful) but she also makes great jewelry. Here is an interview of her on My Art Space. I met her a couple years ago through our friend Kathy Gibson who is an art dealer in Tampa, FL.
Anyway, the squirrel is a pin and I`m totally going to copy it!! (in my own way of course)
It is my inspiration for what my weekend will entail: making Christmas ornaments and cards. Yay! I feel a little like a train full of zombies ran over me due to a weird cold-thing, but I should be golden by Saturday morning, ready to jump into action.
Yay for crafting!

2 comments:

MMS said...

Megan that is the cutest most awesome squirrel pin IN THE WORLD! I love it with mucho passion, damn straight you got to make something inspired by its greatness. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.... did I ever mention I love squirrels?

megan bisbee said...

Yay! I'm so glad someone else had an awesome reaction to the squirrel. I didn't know you love them too! I already made a Josette inspired squirrel ornament but feel weird posting a pic of it. I guess if I give Josette enough props she wouldn't mind. And anyway, it's not like she invented squirrels. We all know Willy Wonka did. Right?