Friday, November 13, 2009

Being Unhinged

I never imagined I would feel this way, but I have a new serious love for psychedelic art...



Onto something else new and strange:

The wind.

The wind here is trying to unhinge me I think.  I'm not sure why, exactly.  I'm usually quite tolerant of things like wind which makes me think it is a sort of real manifestation of something else blowing me apart and open.  

I saw a garbage bag on Myrtle Ave today that had been blown in the center of the road and driven over until its guts spilled out.  It was visceral and smelled like rotten things but aside from my body's reactions, it looked quite beautiful.  I thought about how garbage bags on the street often look more or less the same, all controlled and packaged up, but here was this messy, smelly gem-of-a-bag all because of the wind.

***********
At Vermont Studio Center I had some great peers suggesting artists for me to look at.  I'm a little slow to check stuff like that out (why?) but I finally did and here are some images and names:




On a final note, if I am in fact being unhinged and blown apart, what exactly is blowing apart and what will be left when the wind has passed?

1 comment:

filipe said...

Incredible, these images are beautiful.