Friday, November 20, 2009

Inspiration Friday

Happy Friday!  
I was able to paint all morning but have nothing documented to show you 
(I'm working on four larger panels which I hope to complete before I go to Kripalu) 
So instead of my work, here are some images of artists who inspire me lately.

  
I just found Isabel Manalo's work about five minutes ago while looking up another artist.  I can't believe how beautiful her work is!!
Here are two paintings by her:


This next one is epic for me! 
 I can't believe it, but I have been wishing I could remember the name of this artist for seriously MONTHS and I finally found him!  
His name is Daniel Richter.  
Here are two images of his paintings:  


The next image is a rock poster by Jim Blashfield who is famous for his psychedelic images.  The colors slay me-- in a good way!
Finally, this is a painting by Walter Anderson.  
His work has a nice dialogue with Isabel Manalo's work, I think.  
I hope you all have a great weekend!  
I will be posting my paintings from VSC on my website tomorrow if all goes as planned, 
and then I will send out my newsletter.  Happy creating! (or relaxing, working, cooking, sleeping, traveling, etc.  Whatever you plan to do this weekend!)

No comments: