Monday, June 2, 2008

Dress, Oink, Paint, Toys

I posted an image of this before (I think) but this is the new and more accurately corrected image.  This piece is on paper.  I am too excited about my documented work to not post it!


This is called, "Winter Landscape."  It's painted on wood.


A not-so-serious attempt at documenting my wrist cuff that I posted yesterday.  Mikel pointed out the fact that it is easier to understand what jewelry really looks like when it is photographed on someone.  Good point.


The power went out right before I took this photo.  These are fun toys and a mini sewing machine that we bought at the beloved Recycle Shop last week.  The little pots and pans came out of a box from the line of "Rainbow Deli" mini food that I am in love with (part of the mushroom-theme line).  The tiny non-alien animals are from my parents for my birthday.  Cute cute!  They all play so nicely.


I took this photo to show Ashley how long the earrings are that I made for her but I realize it also shows the top of my new dress I bought on my birthday in Matsumoto at the flea market.  It is hard to get a full feel for the dress from the photo, but I do really like the weird strappy top.  It inspires me to re-construct some of my clothing and not to shy away from super nerdy fabric (the bottom of the dress has a dramatic drawing of a tigers head on black fabric).

I sent out an ad for my Beading and Embellishment workshop that I want to teach in Matsumoto.  I really hope people sign up because I think it will be REALLY fun.  
****If you are in Japan and interested in this workshop, it's on July 6, from 1-5pm.  We will make beaded cuffs like the one in my nerdy image above. ***** 

Cleaning time at school (every day at 3:30.)  Time to put on my mandatory head scarf and get a ridiculously short broom (about three feet long.  Why?  I don't really know.  Most of the brooms are like that in Japan and it kills my back).  

Tonight I think I will start on a new beading commission and maybe a little painting!  I am also putting together fun "goodie bags" full of crafting treasures and "how-to" directions for specific projects to sell on ETSY.  I think it should be fun and a nice gift for people!!

No comments: