Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blowing out Candles

I took this yesterday while we were driving around with friends in our town. 
 Mikel got out of the car to move a huge tree out of the road.  
I'm sure there were quite a few elderly folks who appreciated the tree moved.
What a beautiful town!  I'll miss the landscape.

It's my Birthday today!!  yay!  I'm 26 now and I made some big wishes before I blew out the candles on the vegan dark chocolate orange cake Mikel made for me (yea, he's pretty much the best husband ever-- he also made vegan quiche, crepes and smoothies.  magic!)  I can't tell you what my wishes were (that would jinx them!) but I will say that they have to do with the big new adventure we are about to embark on starting in June.  More specifically, about our move to Vermont and the possibilities that may grow from that.  We have a new idea that we want to bike across the USA and in the process, stopping to volunteer at organic farms so we can learn skills we want to be able to build our house using alternative energy, and grow our own food and take care of some animals).  The organization we will do this through is WWOOF. Check it out! We hope to learn a ton, meet up with a ton of old friends and meet many new friends. Maybe some peeps will want to join us for part of the adventure!

I've said goodbye to one of the schools I teach at and only have a few days left at the other before I leave on June 1st.  Yay!  Time to tie up a few loose ends and enjoy my last two weeks in Japan-Land!

3 comments:

Michelle Summers said...

I'm still kicking my self for never coming to Japan while you where there, but hope I can see you guys again soon. FYI on biking across country, get the good biking seats and the padded butt pants. I had a friend that lost feeling in his lower body for a few weeks because his seat was too hard. He bikes everywhere but evidently you can bike too much. Miss you and HAPPY B-DAY!

megan bisbee said...

hahaha! I totally already have the padded shorts from our trip in Europe. No matter what, though, the first few days are killer for the ol' bottom end. I'm hoping It'll build character ;-) We'll come see you on our trip! I'm not sure when exactly, but we will!!!
xoxoxoxo

Michelle Summers said...

That would be awesome!