Sunday, May 24, 2009

Travel Time

I watched a Taiko (Japanese drum) performance last week at school.  
Here I'm acting like a silly fool in front of the largest drum.  This last week has been a nice bunch of "lasts" before I leave:  The last time to see a Taiko performance in Japan, at least for a while.  The last time I eat pounds of shellfish I watch die on the grill for dinner (hopefully...), The last time I eat AMAZING legitimately artistic sushi in Japan.  The last time I make pie with Logan and Meredith in Japan.  The first and possible last time I prepare baby bamboo from scratch... I'm sure I'm forgetting some lasts.  I never mind "lasts" very much because it leaves space in my life for "firsts" and things I miss from before.  This is a time to be fully alive, appreciate every moment and let them go.

I'm not usually into cute animal pics, but my student sent this picture of her cat to me from her cell phone and I think it's a really pretty picture.

The one week count-down has officially started.  VT here I come!!


No comments: