Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthday, Beads and Buddies

I didn't know that Mikel was taking this photo of me AND my sculpture, but think it is a nice shot of my cool new boots, the view from our apartment and my funky new Japan-style sweater.  


This is a cool little assemblage I made.  It isn't a professional shot, but it is playful anyway.

Ninja boots!  They finally came in the mail!!
These are called "Tabi."  They are worn by construction workers mostly, but I think they used to be worn by ninjas.  They are very comfortable and functional.  I might indulge in a polka-dot pair.  Check out more at this website: Sou Sou

This is a rushed, blurry image from the sale in Matsumoto on Saturday.  The reason I look like I am rushed is because I was.  The talent show ran long and the security guard kicked us all out. In a frantic last ten minutes (as about six people helped me put my stuff back in boxes and bags) I sold a few pairs of earrings to some nice English teachers who were patient with my frantic-ness.

The sale went pretty well. I didn't sell as much as I would have hoped, but I did get a lot of positive feedback, and I gave away many business cards.  I also met some really cool people.  It is a great feeling to be able to communicate in the language that I am fluent in, especially with interesting, worldly people who live and work abroad.  

This sale also planted the seed for a possible beading workshop taught by me in the next few months.  I hope it works out!  I have always wanted to teach workshops to people who are enthusiastic for learning a creative craft.

The coolest part of the weekend was that Sunday was my 25th birthday!  Mikel and I had a great day.  We ate Indian food at a place we love and bought some cool new clothing at a flea market in the city.  I'll post pictures soon! This was a great weekend for a birthday!! 

1 comment:

Karl Hungus said...

Hah, nice boots! Very cool indeed.