Thursday, May 1, 2008

Business Bug


First, I would like to mention that Beaded Weeds on ETSY is having a SALE until May 17th. Check it out!

(After May 17th, I will be changing my inventory a lot because I will hopefully sell a lot of my currently posted pieces at a show in Matsumoto.)


So, here I am, in beautiful Japan, and I am homesick for Vermont! What I wouldn`t give to walk into The Bees Knees in Morrisville and hear the funky, young employees ask me in English if I would like my coffee "for here," to which I would of course answer "yes!" and proceed to sit with my coffee and soy milk, my computer and lots of energy and time to work on Beaded Weeds. I have the Business Bug.


The Business Bug is not very different from the Baby Bug (which I also have!) Luckily I can start to feed my need to be self-employed while I am earning a steady income in Japan, living in a comfortable and affordable apartment, and able to absorb my visually stunning environment . By the time we are ready to move back to the States, my life will transition nicely into a self-employed, self-sustainable, self-satisfied style.


Earlier today, I read some of my older blogs. In many of them I commented on how slow it is to start a business. I still feel the same way, but I am starting to feel like it is a lot like learning a language: Every little bit I do or learn adds up.


Here are some things I learned recently:


1. The more I am open to new opportunities, the more opportunities come to me. It`s amazing!


2. The universe is bountiful and limitless! Therefore, whatever I need already exists. I just have to change my thinking so I can see it.


3. Visual language can cross barriers where spoken language cannot. When I have nothing I am able to say in Japanese to my friends or co-workers, comments about things I see are enough for us all to feel like we are relating to each other.


Anyway, I have a four day weekend starting tomorrow! Yay! Mikel and I will do come camping and hiking, but I look forward to more time in Craft Land!! This Business Bug will make things happen!!!

1 comment:

Michelle Summers said...

Good things will happen to those who except and welcome them. I am happy to hear the universe of good fortune visits you often; next time you have a visit with them tell them I said "hi".