Monday, May 26, 2008

Looking, Watching and Exploding

This is a picture I took on my way home last week.  
The building on the left is an elementary school I teach at.  
Beautiful flowers, huh?

No matter how often I clean off my studio table, I somehow end up with this much room to work with.  I guess I just have to trust my natural process and don't fight the tidal wave of craft that takes over my space.  As you can see, I still try to wear my apron 24/7.  
I promise not to get paint on it!!!!


For my birthday, I bought a beautiful owl clock from the thrift store.  It is AMAZING.  It is tacky in a perfect way and the eyes move back and forth with the seconds.  I feel like I have a new pet that talks to me and watches me while I am making.  
The thing I am holding is a bracelet I was commissioned to make by my friend Charlie.  She is a fashionable English teacher in a city near here.  She requested crazy, brightly colored and a bit of tackiness.  She came to the right woman!


This is a perfect example of why I am in Japan.  Even the snack food bags are beautiful in just the way I like them.  These were delicious, by the way.  They tasted like healthy "Cheetos" because they are made of beans (hence the giant bean-being).


Our buddies Eric and Mai!  They are showing off two pairs of earrings I made. I this this photo is the "kaboom" that Mai's shirt warns about. The paintings, and Mai and Eric's shirts are explosive!

The painting in the middle is a glance at my newer work. Much more space!
I am working on documenting all of my finished paintings and posting them on my website. I teach two full days of elementary school tomorrow and Wednesday so I am pretty sure I will be a tired lady, but I am excited to get newer work out into Internet Land.

Time to go search for plane tickets!  I get to go home in July after almost a year.  Yay!  


2 comments:

Michelle Summers said...

Megan are you going home for good or just to visit? Your craft table looks just like mine after 30 mins of fun art time.

megan bisbee said...

I am going to visit for three weeks. Yay! July 17-Aug 12.