Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oh, to quit my day job...

A little eye-candy to start!


Today, I read an article about a man who sells soap on ETSY who was able to quit his day job.  Check it out!  It is so inspiring and a little intimidating.  He said that in order to quit your day job, sales must be steady and finances must be taken into close consideration.  OF COURSE!  

But how do I get my sales to be steady?  Is my jewelry too crazy or too expensive to get regular sales?  It can't be!  (pep talk time...) I sell my jewelry well at shows where people can see the jewelry in person.  And the my lovely customers on ETSY have given me great reviews and feedback! (Thank you!)

So what's the next step?  
More shows.  More marketing.  More follow-ups with customers.  
(my new mantra?) 

The craft sale I will take part in on May 17th in Matsumoto will be a great experience to see what the market is like here in Japan.  We'll see!  (I am also excited for the show because my handsome artist husband, Mikel, will probably be performing his music at the associated talent show!!  You can hear his music and see his art at his website www.thefluffconstruct.com
 and on his Myspace page... which I can't find at the moment...  (Mikel, feel free to put it is my comments section for peeps who want to hear your sweet tunes!  Why don't I know your Myspace name?)

I am happy to say that it is Friday which means my "day job" is over and my "real job" can start:  I'll be cranking out new creations all weekend to get ready for Matsumoto.  Whatever new creations I don't sell in the Moto, I will post on ETSY, so check back soon!  

****Until then, don't forget**** 
SALE SALE SALE AT BEADED WEEDS!!


2 comments:

kaninchen said...

That bracelet is STUNNNG!

megan bisbee said...

Thank you! It was my first beading project and it inspired a desire to teach beading workshops someday! Maybe in Japan?