Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Worm Teeth and Sweaty Stealth

Well, it's official:  I have more than one cavity.  I have been bragging for years that I only had one, and that it was the fault of my braces, not me.  Fortunately (unfortunately?) thanks to the magic of the Japanese dentist office I went to yesterday, I now know that I have three.  I even got to take home detailed pictures of my, "worm teeth" (get it?  holes in teeth as if worms ate through them...eww!)  

The visit was actually quite spectacular, despite my bad news.  Even though the dentist and the hygienists didn't speak much English, I got by on my skills of nodding a lot and trying to remember what I normally do in the dentist chair (try not to breath through my mouth when the mirror is in there, don't look at the light...)  They took x-rays and the detailed photos of my bouche (mouth in French?  Feel free to correct me.  My computer doesn't have French spellcheck... or does it?)   They put the digital photos on to a computer which then showed up on the computer screen in front of me.  AMAZING!  The tiny black dots on my teeth were way too big for comfort and the dentist was able to talk/mime the problems to me as we looked at my teeth together.  

Then, my top teeth were luxuriously cleaned with delicious apple flavored tooth paste (for some reason I have to get the bottoms cleaned next week.  I guess we ran out of time.)  It wasn't a normal teeth cleaning.  It was like my teeth went to the spa!

The last time... okay, the only time that I went to the spa, I dropped $80.00 after a 50% discount.   So you can imagine how floored I was when I was charged about $15.00 for my appointment yesterday.  Woohoo! I don't know how much it will be to fix my worm teeth, but I am not worried anymore.



My new business cards!!

I finally finished designing my press release for my jewelry and my new business cards.  I am trying to be stealthy so that I can use the printers and scanners at school.  The stress of it makes me sweat (okay, what doesn't make me sweat?)  It's like I have a twisted flower-pedal-plucking going on on my head, "I'm a bad kid.  I'm not a bad kid. I'm a bad kid.  I'm not a bad kid."  I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I should just buy my own laser printer so I can sweat at home. 

Mikel spent hours last night filing and wiggling my earring hooks while I worked on my computer business.  I finally went to bed at 11:00 when Mikel started to work on my website (It'll be up soon!!)  I think he went to bed around 1:00 am.  What would I do with out him?   

Thanks Mikey!!

Also, thanks to Madame Hirota for translating my press release into Japanese for me!  When I figure out how to scan it onto my lovely press release I will be psyched!

The Jewelry Show Preparation Marathon continues!


2 comments:

Michelle Summers said...

Megan, your earrings are looking awesome! I also liked you're business cards, very snazzy.... have you looked into overnightprints.com to make you cards? Well good luck and take pics I love to see them.

ps, say hi to Mikel your super stud of a husband.

megan bisbee said...

Thanks Michelle!

I checked out overnightprints.com. It looks great but I always have a moral dilemma about business cards because being a green business is very important to me. I am not 100% green, but I am trying to be. If possible, I will have a business who prints on recycled paper with veggie based inks. For now I can't afford it so it's DIY time. That's ok, though, because I keep changing my design. Maybe once I find a design to stick with for a while, I will be able to afford fancy cards!!!